Monday, January 11, 2010

STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF!!

Stop the world, I want to get off! What do I mean by that? To me, that means that the older I get and the closer that I get to the Lord, I want less to do with the things of the world. Now don't get the impression that I want to leave this world to go to heaven at this time. I have things to do here and a family and friends and God has a purpose and plan for my life that I desire to continue to fulfill. Does this mean I live without good things? Does this mean that I should sell my home and give all proceeds to the poor? No. That is goofy- at least for my life and what I am talking about. Now if the Lord has told YOU to do that I won't get in your way. However, I believe if the Lord were to say that to you, He would have a plan down the road of blessing for you. I don't think the Lord would "withhold any good thing" from you. If you do give on  His behalf, He will bless you. Right now the Lord has not told me to do something like that. My husband and I tithe and give offerings on a regular basis so I totally believe in that. I also totally believe in giving in big ways. I am just saying that where there are kids involved you should KNOW the voice of the Lord when it comes to giving things like your house away. Now that being said, what I am talking about is living the LIFESTYLE of the world. Can you live like the MTV crowd and walk with the Lord? Doubtful. You can't live a promiscuous lifestyle and live like "hell" all week long and then go to church and expect the Lord to bless you and protect you. Jesus didn't die on the cross so that you could do whatever you want and call it all good and go on your way with the attitude that you can do whatever you want to do. That's just throwing the cross in His face. Disrespecting the cross is what that is. Yes, God loves you immensely,constantly no matter what but that doesn't get you a free pass to be foolish and get into heaven. If you think that you can do what you want and then at the last minute repent and get into heaven; that is "foolisher than foolish" and you will probably die without an opportunity to change things because you will have gotten into a pattern of putting it off and then when the time comes for you to call on the Lord at your last minute, you will be caught unaware. Don't take a chance and wait and be foolish. The secret is that God has a plan for your life that is so much better than anything you could come up with. It would bring you joy and good things. So, take the step now and give your heart to Jesus. Don't be foolish and put it off. If you think you are happy with the way things are; the devil has you deceived up to your eyeballs -at least! Nothing is better than having God in your life. Make a wise decision today. Settle your eternity. Settle you relationship with God and move forward to a great life with HIM. Be Blessed.

No comments: